Slow Cooker Corned Beef
- corned beef brisket* – whatever size will feed your family (& guests) AND will fit into your slow cooker
- 1 or 2 root vegetables** (i.e. onions, potatoes, carrots)
- pickling spice (optional)
- Peel and thinly slice any two medium sized root vegetables. If what you have on hand is on the small side, just use more. You want to cover the bottom of your crock with the sliced veggies.
- Place the corned beef, fat side up on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle the seasoning packet contents over the meat. If desired, also sprinkle 1 Tbsp of pickling spice (mine is McCormick’s) over the meat.
- Pour water over and around the meat. Water only needs to come an inch up the sides of your crock.
- Cook covered on LOW for 7-8 hours.